Land Based Drill Line Spoolers Photos
Tulsa Power Drill Line Spoolers are designed to store, transport and unwind drill line safely and efficiently. These high quality, innovative spoolers were developed by working closely with drilling contractors with the overall rig objectives in mind, to improve operator safety. Plus reduce cycle time of rig moves.
The spoolers eliminate commonly used non-powered, shafted reel stands. The drill line spooler is powered in either direction, minimizing over-run and manual handling of the drill line promoting safer and more efficient handling. The drill line reel is captured by the spooler, which removes the possibility of the reel coming off the stand. The spooler is designed to prevent turning of the reel when not in operation or during transport.
Heavy duty frames assure long life with frequent move in the oil-field environment. Standard and Tail-boardable are available; in addition, complete systems with automatic levelwind, string-up winch, and operator platform are available allowing the drilling contractor to perform full string-up and string-down operations. The unit takes up the full string of rotary line while simultaneously moving the traveling back to its transport position, reducing the weight of the mast section for transport.
A Drill Line Spooler can be designed for exact requirements.
|Units||Drill Line||Reel Capacity||Total Weight|
lbs. / kg
|TUAF-10||1 (25.4)||5,000 (1.5)||60 (1.5)||42 (1.1)||15,000 / 6,803|
|TUAF-20||1 1/8 (28.6)||5,000 (1.5)||80 (2.0)||55 (1.4)||16,600 / 7,530|
|TUAF-30||1 3/8 (34.9)||7,500 (2.3)||90 (2.3)||62 (1.6)||34,200 / 15,513|
|TUAF-45||1 3/4 (44.5)||7,500 (2.3)||100 (2.5)||70 (1.8)||55,500 / 25,174|
- Heavy-duty frame assures long life with frequent moves in the oil-field enviroment
- Frame includes four (4) point lifting eyes and fork lift pockets upon request
- Oil impregnated bronze bearing material to support shaft and enables quick, easy reel change-out
- Dual directional controls with pressure guage provides speed and directional control
- Guarding to protect operator from rotating parts and other unsafe areas
- Oilfield paint system offers long life and professional appearance
- Controllable speed and torque offer increased safety and effciency
- May be designed for any working enviroment
Available Drive Systems
- Hydraulic rig powered drive systems
- Pneumatic rig powered drive systems
- Electric drives offered to fit specific needs
- Gas and Diesel drives available for specific applications
- Powered Drill Line Spoolers offer increased SAFETY by preventing over-run and taking up slack
- Reduce cycle times during rig moves
- Provides pay back in less than a year when considering the difference between rig-up/rig-down services and Tulsa Power's Drill Line Spoolers